if you are concerned about safety, either yours or others, contact the police at 911 and campus security if on campus.;
下载辽宁快乐12走势手机版if you feel you are in a crisis, whether or not you are thinking about killing yourself, please call one of the resources below. people have used these resources for help with substance abuse, economic worries, relationship and family problems, sexual orientation, illness, getting over abuse, depression, mental and physical illness, sexual assault, and even loneliness.
- Approach the situation calmly and maintain a straightforward, supportive attitude. This will allow you to be more effective and may help the individual become less anxious or agitated. Do not leave the person alone. If for some reason you must leave the person, have someone else stay with them until you return or help arrives. Avoid having too many people around, which could embarrass the person and make the situation more difficult. Provide a safe, quiet, secure place for the individual.
- Make arrangements for assistance from the Counseling Center or the emergency resources we have listed below for after hours and weekends.
- Come to the Counseling Center Consultation Hours, Monday through Thursday 3 - 4 PM at the Chicago campus, or on Thursdays from 1 - 3 PM at the Schaumburg campus.
- For emergency services after-hours:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
22 E. Superior
Chicago, IL 60611
- Alexian Brothers Hospital
1650 Moon Lake Blvd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60194
- If you have witnessed concerning behavior, please report it.